Category Archives: Media & Marketing Portfolio
Data is king these days and its important for me to use analytics to get a better understanding of our customers behavior trends and how to effectively market to them. As marketing specialist, its my responsibility to ensure for designing, creating, and delivering campaigns to support the growth and expansion of the organizations services. The time-frame below is based on MBDA program year, leading through March 2017.
Over the past year (January 2016 to March 2017), I have increased our web engagement by 11.9%. This percentage is based on the number of returning visitors within the year.
From Jan 1, 2016 to March 21, 2017 the center website received, 7,236 first time visitors. Engagement received a 12% increase in 2016.
- Session: Total number of Sessions within the date range. A session is the period time a user actively engaged with your website, app, etc. All usage data (Screen Views, Events, Ecommerce, etc.) is associated with a session.
- User: Users who have initiated at least one session during the date range.
- Pageviews: Pageviews is the total number of pages viewed. Repeated views of a single page are counted.
- Pages/Session: Pages/Session (Average Page Depth) is the average number of pages viewed during a session. Repeated views of a single page are counted.
- Session Duration: The average length of a Session.
- Bounce Rate: The percentage of single-page sessions in which there was no interaction with the page. A bounced session has a duration of 0 seconds.
- % New Sessions: An estimate of the percentage of first time visits.
Our Welcome Newsletter received the highest open rate to date, with a 52.3% open rate, exceeding the industry average of 16.2%
Over the past year, I created consistent marketing collateral to help us become more recognizable to our audience.
A save the date was created to promote our New Years Eve Mixer. I added an Upcoming Holiday events section to add content value.
On October 19, 2016, the MBDA Business Center Atlanta, kicked-off its lunch and learn series with healthcare industry leader Christopher Kunney of Infinite Options. Over 40 attendees had the chance to network and learn how they can find new opportunities in the healthcare industry.
To market this event, I knew it would be useful to create an image that would later be utilized as a banner ad for our email and slider on the website. I also managed the writing of engaging content to help increase attendance.
Oh just a little selfie with the down to earth GaTech President